Most of us, on Saturday night, either moved our clocks ahead or behind one hour, because while we were sleeping Daylight Saving Time happened and our times moved one hour. This is the reason many people say Spring Forward or Fall Back.
Have you ever wondered why?
Now is your chance to find out!
Below is a list of some questions I want you to answer and a website I want you to go to to get all the answers.
Once you have answered all the questions, I want you to write a a paragraph about Daylight Saving Time. The easiest way to do this would be to turn each question and answer into a sentence. One sentence for each question!
Below is the website:
- Who came up with the idea of Daylight Saving Time? (page 1)
- Daylight Saving Time gives us the opportunity to… (page 1)
- What day and time in the morning does the time “officially” change this year? (page 2)
- What is the official spelling of the event? How do most people incorrectly spell it? (page 2)
- What two US states do NOT observe Daylight Saving Time? (page 2)
- What do fire departments encourage people to do when they change their clocks? (page 2)
- The main purpose of Daylight Saving Time is to… (page 4)
- How is living close to the equator different than living near the North or South Pole when it comes to the amount of sunlight you get? (page 4)
- A poll conducted by the U.S. Department of Transportation indicated that Americans liked Daylight Saving Time because… (page 4)
- While the idea was thought of in 1784, the United States did not formally adopt it until what year? (page 6)